Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Only Self Help Idea that Truly Works

My coaching client “Rachel” was frantic as she said, “My unemployment runs out in 12 weeks. I’m afraid I’ll end up on a park bench.” This sounds like a lot of people these days, as our economy is in its longest downturn since The Great Depression of the 1930’s. The irony is that Rachel has a law degree, another Master’s degree, and is engaging and competent. She could easily get a job making $1,000/week, but she is a spiritually evolved person who would rather make little money than sell her soul doing something she hates. Rachel started listing all the types of jobs she could get, then got frustrated about not attracting the one job she really wants, which is sharing intuitive readings. She is gifted and spot-on but has difficulty charging for spiritual work, which is an issue many spiritual healers have. Fear of all kinds, including lack of money, pulls us into the illusion of this false world. We’re caught in the web before we can even think, and all awareness of our True Self is gone. But the more we practice remembering our Higher Self, choosing to BE that Self instead of the ego, the easier it is to return to, and stay, in our Being. I asked Rachel who was afraid of being homeless, her ego self or her Higher Self? She immediately knew that her Higher Self is always ok and knows every detail in life is taken care of. We discussed how she is actually choosing her fear, because she is choosing to think she’s Rachel. Only she can make that choice, and only she can choose otherwise. “But I still have to be responsible and make a living!” she protested. I hear that a lot from clients. I replied, “Only the dream-figure Rachel thinks she has to make a living. You are not in the dream. You are Mind, outside the dream looking in, and You are safe. Your only job is to remember Who You are.” We did some exercises to release her attachment to the small self, and later she emailed me about how her consciousness was shifting. A Course in Miracles says, “My only function is the one God gave me.” (W-p.I.65.h) Our one function is to forgive the dream we made up, this world of lack. Money problems, such as Rachel appears to have, are illusions. Our only task here is to remember we are the holy Son of God, the Christ Self, the One. When we do this, our projections reflect a world of love instead of fear. The Course reminds us, “Once you accept His plan as the one function you would fulfill, there will be nothing else the Holy Spirit will not arrange for you without your effort.” (T-20.IV.8:4) When we let go and let God, miracles happen. Rachel’s job is not to find a job, but to forgive the belief that she’s Rachel who has to find a job. Forgiving our dream is the only idea that truly works to heal us. There are thousands of self-help techniques that make the ego feel better for awhile. They salve the wound, but they don’t remove the cause of the wound, which is our mistaken identity. Where are you holding on to your small identity? The ego is scared to let go into the Allness of God, but truly, when we let go we’re letting go of nothing and moving into everything. All you need do is say, “I forgive myself for wanting this dream. I forgive myself for wanting my small self instead of Love. Holy Spirit, help me see this differently,” etc. When we truly only want the peace of God, that is what we perceive. May you know yourself as your Self. Blessings, Lorri Coburn P.S. If you are interested in an intuitive reading from Rachel, please contact me. (I am not getting remuneration from this.)When she and I first began working together, my dad was transitioning. He came to her to pass on an important message and she could not sleep until she emailed me. She did not know anything about my dad, but the details she gave confirmed it. This helped me tremendously in handling his transition, and I am so grateful. ~I am engaging a limited number of clients interested in spiritual awakening coaching. This is for those who are committed to completely releasing ego and awakening from the dream. If the Holy Spirit leads you in this direction, please contact me by responding to this email or at info@lorricoburn.com. You can get more information on coaching on my website at www.lorricoburn.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment