Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Grieving While Recognizing Truth

Grieving While Recognizing Truth

 
Many of you know that my dad recently made his transition. The other day we had his memorial service and I fell headlong into the ego illusion of loss and separation. I felt like I was Lorri who had lost her dad, and I despaired, unable to find my way back to Truth. It was the first family gathering we’d had since my dad passed, and the absence of his body hurt really bad.

How do we operate at this level while the right part of our mind recognizes the world is an illusion? Prior to the memorial, I had sobbed intermittently. The first week after he passed the tears flowed like rain and I had no control over them. But the difference between then and yesterday was significant. Yesterday I attached thoughts of judgment to the tears. “Dad’s not here and this is awful.” There are two false thoughts there: first, that he wasn’t’ there, and second, that it was awful. Previously I had quickly dismissed those thoughts as untrue. I had been able to cry and let the body do its thing, while remembering there is only Love and oneness. I saw the crying as the body’s release of tension, without attaching false ideas to it.

Since I was stuck in the illusion yesterday, I asked my Dad to show me he was there. My Michigan sisters and I had ordered an arrangement with a variety of colorful and differently shaped plants. My siblings could then take a plant home as a memorial. When my sister from Pennsylvania saw the plant for her she cried out, “Oh, this is just like my tiny plant at home! I have talked to it, watered it, and named it ‘Grace,’ but it just won’t grow! It’s like Daddy has come and given me the full plant in all its glory!”

My first thought when I saw her plant was, “That’s not one of the plants we ordered. I don’t know where that one came from.” I checked with my other sisters, and they, too, said we had not ordered that type of plant. It was unusual, one I’d never seen, and I’ve grown a lot of houseplants in my day.

So my dad ordered the plant and was there after all.

Where do these synchronicities come from? The Right Mind, the Holy Spirit, the Mind that is One. That Mind nudged the florist to add that plant, which nudged my Michigan sister to hand that specific plant to our Pennsylvania sister, which answered the plea I’d sent to my dad an hour earlier to please let me know he was still around.

A Course in Miracles tells us that the entire cosmos, all form, is an illusion. It says, “And the last (illusion) to be overcome will be death. Of course! Without the idea of death there is no world. All dreams will end with this one.” (M-27. 6:1-4)

Even though I sunk into the ego world of despair and loss, I made a desperate, tearful plea and was answered. The Course tells us we are always answered in a form that we will understand, and the plant, since I’m a gardener, was a perfect answer for me.

Where are you entertaining false ideas of loss and separation? Ask for an answer, and the Holy Spirit will bring one to you.

Blessings,

Lorri Coburn

~We are always answered, but when it seems we’re not, often guilt is blocking the perception of oneness. I do phone/skype spiritual coaching with those who are committed to releasing ego illusions. If the Holy Spirit guides you, contact me by replying to this email or at info@lorricoburn.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment